Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Log In or Join  
Active Topics
Local Time 21:11 01 Oct 2026 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : My Star Trek program now bricks my CMM2 :-(

Author Message
PeteCotton

Guru

Joined: 13/08/2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 661
Posted: 04:06am 01 Oct 2026
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

IMPORTANT - don't download and run this program without reading this note.

I'm working on my Star Trek program (don't judge it just yet - it's still a very early work in progress), but when I run the main program mmtrek.bas I get a message saying:

Error in font14.inc line 54: flash not erased

And then CMM2 becomes unresponsive. Rebooting the CMM2 boots up to the Maximite screen with Geoff and Peter's copyright statements, but there is no prompt.

The good news - re-blowing the firmware into the CMM2 brings it back to life - but that's the only way I've managed to get it back. I tried shorting pins 39 and 40, but that didn't help.

I tried this on two different CMM2's multiple times, with different SD cards. Sometimes it takes a couple of runs to brick the computer - but it does always happen (for me).

font14.inc is indeed a file in my program, but I haven't touched it in months. I tried overwriting it again from my PC in case that was the issue, but to no avail.

I was programming my CMM2 when it happened (via MMEdit). i.e. I was editing, running and all of that was fine, until one time when I hit run and it started doing this.

My program is large, but less than 50% of program capacity.

I'm using version 6.00.00b13 of the firmware and it's a 2nd gen CMM2.

This may be one of the larger CMM2 programs out there, so is it possible the font load is somehow corrupting the firmware or overwriting something that it shouldn't be?

At this stage I'm stumped, so I was hoping I could pass the issue over to smarter minds who can tell me what I'm doing wrong. (Thanks in advance)

To replicate the issue, unzip the attached file to SD card. Navigate to it and run mmtrek.bas.

MMTrek.zip
Edited 2026-10-01 16:06 by PeteCotton
 
Print this page


To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026